Tuesday, June 7, 2011 By: Wwoofergirl

June 7 (Are We There Yet?)

So we're still at the house. And I'm still basically a well-fed scullery maid.
At this point, I'm starting to feel a little let down. I mean, my timeframe for this is limited, and I didn't come up here just to hang out with these people (nice as they are).
Beth seems to be one of those people who is impossible to rush. It might be my age or my city mindset, but the inefficiency of this operation is starting to get to me.
I got somewhat angsty this afternoon, so I took a walk and ended up at a GIANT grassy hill that is apparently part of the local high school. From the top, I had an incredible view of the city and a huge green mountain covered in mist. It was gorgeous, but it made me all the more frustrating that I wasn't yet living on such a mountain.
Beth seems to think that the end of the world is imminent. Not in a "God is coming for us" kind of way, but in a "we need to grow food now because soon there won't be any" kind of way. She has also expressed the belief that we are all constantly under FBI surveillance (and that by using Facebook, I'm just making it easier for them).
But I don't mean to give the impression that they're crazy, because they aren't. They're just a bit more radical than I am at this point. I still feel perfectly comfortable living with them (Dad). If anything it just makes them even more entertaining.

I don't anticipate any major events this evening, so that's all for now.
But I'll be here all night, folks.
(And that means you can call me if you want.)

1 comments:

Bob Bradburn said...

Prepping a house is always a longer process than people plan it to be. Hang in there. Hey, if you're gonna be in the SF area a few more days, I wonder who or what you could go and see there, that would be related to your summer explorations? :p

Post a Comment