Thursday, June 9, 2011 By: Wwoofergirl

Got Constitutional Rights?

Sarah Lawrence friends, this is for you guys in particular.

SWAT Breaks/Enters in Search of Student Loan Debtor

Okay, so, I think there is more to this particular story that is being said. There are probably some details involving the particular school, the amount of elapsed time, repeated defaulting, I have no idea.
What really scares me is the bigger picture. Remember the part of the Constitution that makes search without a warrant illegal? Where was that when this was happening?
What also blows me away is that I totally trusted the Department of Education, and they're the ones who instigated this.

I'm concerned that those of you reading my blog will think I'm becoming unnecessarily paranoid. But those of you who know me understand that I think carefully about the information I'm receiving and how I choose to interpret it. What I'm saying is, I'm not sure of anything yet.

I am getting anxious, though. Not as much about this particular education issue, but more about the peak oil situation and the need to resist environmental destruction.
I'm not a commanding leader by nature... but I can't keep assuming that someone else is going to lead us. It's scary to do something you've never done before, something you may fail at, even if you believe with all your heart that it has to be done.

... So there's my bum-out for the day. Going to the farmer's market later though, so there should be some fun pictures. :)

1 comments:

The Compost Club at Sarah Lawrence College said...

Watch the Pete Seeger movie as well. Read about him at least. Also about the Dixie Chicks.

Post a Comment