Saturday, July 2, 2011 By: Wwoofergirl

July 2

Today was a long day... I spent much of it interacting with stakes. First I pounded them in, then I tied colored string around them so they would be visible from the house. Much of this was accomplished on a steep incline over an area of four acres. I also helped unload some piping for the irrigation system my hosts are attempting to set up.
I've been trying to read Deep Green Resistance, another Derrick Jensen book that he wrote with Aric Mcbay and Lierre Keith. I'm not making much progress; the book is dense, and I know a lot of what he's saying already. I'm going to start flipping forward to the part where the actual suggestions are.
I'm still trying to find a way home sooner. I think I can handle about another week and a half here, but my mom wouldn't be coming up for almost four. I hope to hear back from her soon so we can consolidate. I feel like a jerk for making her change her plans again. But I am anxious to get home.
I have some plants coming up! It's just the beans so far, but I also planted lavender, echinacea, purple coneflower, and chamomile. I hope they will sprout before I go, but at least I know things are starting. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment